Top 10 Tuesday: Top 10 Books On My Fall TBR
Top 10 Tuesday is hosted by the lovely people over at The Broke and The Bookish.
This week, we are talking about the top 10 books that are on our TBR for fall. There are so many great books that came out/are coming out this fall, so it was very hard to narrow my list down to ten. I also added some books that I already own, because I, like a lot of readers, have a very large TBR. The first 5 will be books not released yet coming out this fall, and the second 5 will be books I already own.
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. I am so excited for this book to come out! It releases September 29th, which is very soon. Let’s just say I’ll be getting this book on or very near release date.
2. Ice Like Fire by Sarah Raasch. This book comes out October 13th. It is the sequel to Snow Like Ashes, which is an amazing book that I read last winter and really enjoyed.
3. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. Release date: October 20th. I have heard SUCH GOOD THINGS about this book. I was lucky enough to receive an eARC from Netgalley. I started it, and was really enjoying it, but I became extremely busy so I have not been able to continue it. I can’t wait to read a finished copy!
4. The Rose Society by Marie Lu, which comes out October 13th. If you have not read Marie’s Legend Trilogy, what are you doing with your life? I read The Young Elites, the first book in this series, and I enjoyed it, but not as much as Legend. Still, I’m excited to see how the story progresses!
5. Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs (it released today but shhh, it still counts). The first two books in this trilogy were very good and I encourage you, if you haven’t picked up this trilogy already, go give it a try! Plus, there’s awesome old photographs that are amazingly creepy.
Now onto my already released and owned TBR:
6. Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy. This book sounds so good! I have not read many books with a main character who is “fat and proud of that”, in the wise words of Winnie the Pooh. I cannot wait to jump into it.
7. The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle. I’ll be reading this book around Halloween, because it sounds deliciously creepy. I avoid the horror/thriller genre, but this sounds like a slightly less horrory book. Hopefully it will be an introduction and make me enjoy the genre more. I am excited to read it!
8. Mosquitoland by David Arnold. I’ve heard such great things about this book, mostly from my lovely author friend Becky Albertalli, author of Simon vs the Homo-Sapiens Agenda (which is one of my favorite books of this year. You should go read it.) I don’t know too much about the book yet, I’ll be diving in blind!)
9. The Diviners by Libba Bray. The second book, Lair of Dreams, just came out, so that made me want to go out and buy it! Obviously, I did. I think this book is also creepy, so I’ll be reading it because fall/Halloween is the perfect time for creepy books. I’m excited, I’ve heard such great things about it!
10. Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo. I want to read this so I am prepared for Six of Crows! (Plus, I might meet Leigh on her Six of Crows tour, so I want to have read more of her books by then.)
I adore lists, so I will definitely be participating in more Top 10 Tuesdays! I hope you enjoyed seeing my Top 10 Fall TBR. Comment some of your fall TBR! Are some of mine also on your lists? Let me know!