20 Things You Might Not Have Known About Me
I feel like I’m ALWAYS talking about myself on this blog, but I have realized: You all do not know that much about me. This was proven when I did the “How well do you know me” thing on Twitter, and THE ANSWERS CHOSEN WERE SO WRONG. Like, someone said I was 105. No, I’m actually not 105, and I (hope) I don’t look like it.
(Okay, I know they were joking. BUT STILL.)
If you’d like to see more about me, you can check my About page!
So, I’m doing 20 facts about me. Hopefully you won’t be too bored.
1. I am 13 years old. My name is Ava. And I look like this:
Okay, yes, this picture barely shows my face, but, it counts. And I like it.
Are you curious how I got all the books on the dock?
Yes, you are. Or you should be.
Story time with Ava:
Since I’m a reckless, dangerous, brave person (HA!), I strapped the books in the picture onto the back of my kayak, and paddled out to the dock.
I was SUPER careful not to splash water on them. I got nervous I would tip over and me (and the books) would fall into the lake.
But, thankfully, they didn’t, and so I put the books on the dock, got into this position, and had my mom (who was on the shore, and who is my partner in crime when it comes to bookish photography) take this picture!
Okay, story time over.
2. I live in a small town in California, where there is too much sun and no snow. I don’t like it. Someday, I want to live somewhere cold and and in a big city. (Yes, I am that stereotypical “girl from small town dreaming of city life”.)
OH! I could SO be a YA contemporary main character.
3. Since I just started reading YA a few years ago, and just found out that authors went to events near me, I’ve met 5 authors on tour: Alexandra Bracken, Susan Dennard, Holly Black, Cassandra Clare, and Marie Lu. I also met Evelyn Skye while at one of those events (she was in the crowd). I LOVE MEETING AUTHORS.
4. I have way too many favorite books to name. BUT I WILL TRY ANYWAY.
- Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda
- Six of Crows
- Throne of Glass series
- The Raven Cycle
- I’ll Give You The Sun
- The Night Circus
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone
- A Darker Shade of Magic
- The Darkest Minds trilogy
- The Lunar Chronicles
- The Grisha trilogy
- Harry Potter (duh)
All of these books are INCREDIBLE and you must read them if you haven’t.
5. As you may have noticed, I am a huge fan of ALL CAPS. (Is it annoying? I hope not.) It’s just how I express my emotions. 😉
6. I am a writer. (Not an aspiring writer, a writer. This is something I’ve learned from friends who are writers: If you write, you are a writer. None of this “aspiring” stuff.) Bur aspiring author? THAT’S different.
I dream of one day publishing a book. I have too many writing projects and ideas to name. You can check out my 2016 Writing Goals post to learn more about me as a writer.
7. I am very active (and addicted) to social media. But I am trying to narrow my list of different sites, so I have 3 ones I’m most active on.
8. I like to think of myself as a pretty fast reader. I’m not one of those people who read 300+ books a year, but I can read 100 books in a year pretty easily.
(I think that’s fast. It’s fast compared to everyone I know in real life.)
9. I have one sister, who’s younger than me, but also loves reading. Seriously, she has so many books. She has more than me. It’s CRAZY.
10. Almost all I read is YA fantasy. I LOVE IT. As long as there are dragons or magic or assassins or wars or princes or kingdoms or castles, I AM IN LOVE.
11. I despise love triangles, unless they are done well. But mostly, I just don’t like them at all. THEY’RE UNNECESSARY AND UNREALISTIC.
12. I also hate insta-love. Grrrrrrrr.
13. I love photography.
14. I have COUNTLESS book boyfriends and girlfriends. Here, let’s have another list.
- The Darkling (The Grisha Trilogy)
- Celaena Sardothien (Throne of Glass)
- KAZ BREKKER (Six of Crows)
- Inej Ghafa (Six of Crows
- Nina Zenik (Six of Crows)
- Nikolai Lantsov (The Grisha Trilogy)
- Richard Gansey (The Raven Boys)
- Liam Stewart (The Darkest Minds)
- Carswell Thorne (The Lunar Chronicles)
- Akiva (Daughter of Smoke and Bone)
- Chaol Westfall (Throne of Glass)
- Dorian Havilliard (Throne of Glass)
- Rowan Whitethorn (Throne of Glass
- Simon Spier (Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda)
- Jem Carstairs (The Infernal Devices)
- William Herondale (The Infernal Devices)
- Manon Blackbeak (Throne of Glass)
- Helene Aquilla (An Ember in the Ashes)
- Lila Bard (A Darker Shade of Magic)
- Lysandra (Throne of Glass)
- Aaron Warner (Shatter Me)
- Magiano (The Rose Society)
- Percy Jackson (Percy Jackson and the Olympians)
- Hermione Granger (Harry Potter)
- Annabeth Chase (Percy Jackson and the Olympians)
- Tessa Gray (The Infernal Devices)
- Ezra Mason (Illuminae)
- Kady Grant (Illuminae)
Woah. That’s a lot of people.
15. You may have noticed: I like lists. A LOT.
16. I LOOOOOOOOOVE to travel. If I could just travel all over the world for the rest of my life, I would.
17. I’m going to BEA this year in Chicago, for the first time, and I’m so excited! If you’re going, you have to let me know and we have to meet up there!
18. I’ve moved so many times in my (short) lifetime. One of my favorite places I lived was in Alaska (!!!). We had hundreds (I’m completely serious, HUNDREDS) of dogs. It was crazy.
19. I just started watching Friends (for the first time!!) and I am completely and utterly OBSESSED.
20. I am in love with chocolate. I eat way too much for it to be legal. It’s crazy. (My favorites are REESES.)
Now I’d like to learn more about you! Tell me five facts about yourself in the comments.
Thanks for reading!